Take on the ultimate challenge and skydive to help those living with a life-limiting illness and their love ones.
Imagine the scene; 10,000ft in the air, the noise of the engine, the beautiful views of Swansea and the coastline below, the wind ringing in your ears, the feeling of exhilaration as you skydiving from the plane, diving down through the air with around 30 seconds of freefall at over 120mph. Then the peace and quiet after your parachute opens, and you make the tranquil descent back down to the drop zone. Now stop imaging… This is real and this could be YOU!
This once in a lifetime experience is one that you’ll remember for the rest of your life. Like what you read? We think it sounds awesome too!
To book your place on the plane click here
How it works
Technically the jump is called a ‘Tandem Skydive’. It is a Skydive because you will be free-falling through the air (without the parachute deployed) for several thousand feet; it is in Tandem because you will be harnessed to a professional parachute instructor at all times throughout the descent (see photos). This is the only way you can jump from such an altitude without spending thousands of pounds becoming a free-fall parachutist. This is literally the chance of a lifetime!
The total cost of a tandem 10,000ft skydive is £395.00. This is broken down into; £50 deposit (paid directly to GoSkydive when booking), £345.00 remaining jump fees and sponsorship for Hospice of the Valleys (paid directly to Hospice of the Valleys); every penny raised over £345.00 will go to the Hospice, where you will be helping patients and their loved ones access the care and support they need.
The total cost of a tandem 15,000ft skydive is £464.00. This is broken down into; £50 deposit (paid directly to GoSkydive when booking), £414.00 remaining jump fees and sponsorship for Hospice of the Valleys (paid directly to Hospice of the Valleys); every penny raised over £345.00 will go to the Hospice, where you will be helping patients and their loved ones access the care and support they need.
What date is the jump?
You can pick your preferred date when you complete the booking form with GoSkydive – and just let us know.
Where is the airfield?
The airfield is Swansea. Once your online booking has been received and processed, full confirmation details will be sent to you, including a map and directions to the airfield.
Things to consider before you book
- Please note there is a maximum weight limit to take part in a tandem skydive. Full terms and conditions can be found below.
- You need to be at least 16 years old and under 18s must have written parental/guardian consent on the paperwork provided.
- There are medical restrictions (which can be viewed in the terms and conditions in the link below). You will be expected to sign a medical form before you jump declaring your fitness to take part.
- £50.00 non-refundable deposit must be paid at time of booking and provided with all the relevant and completed paperwork to GoSkydive.
- A minimum of £345.00/£414.00 sponsorship to be raised payable to the Hospice 4 weeks in advance of your skydive date.
Points to remember:
- Jump and training completed in one day
- Harnessed to an experienced parachute instructor at all times
- Jump from 10,000/15,000 feet – just like the professionals
- Free-fall down to 5,000 feet – falling through the air at 120 mph!
- Ride the parachute down to the ground – we teach you how to steer onto the drop zone
- Landing controlled by your instructor
- Certificate to prove that you have completed a Tandem Skydive!
We sincerely hope that you decide to give it a go – it has often been described as a thrilling ‘once in a lifetime’ experience and is an excellent way in which to raise funds for such a worthwhile cause. There will be lots of other people trying parachuting for the very first time on the day, so you are welcome to bring along your friends and family so they can watch you on a day you will simply never forget: The day you perform an exhilarating skydive jump in aid of Hospice of the Valleys.
To book your place on the plane click here
If you require further information please contact the Hospice on email@example.com, pop into the office or call 01495 717277
Testimonies from our previous Team of Hospice Skydivers
“I went through so many emotions today but i am truly glad i done it, it was an amazing experience” – Stacey
“Thanks Amanda, it was a great experience and would defo so it again, glad we could raise money for a great charity who do a great job” – Stephen
“It was the most amazing experience, so thankful for the opportunity. I know first hand how far the money goes and how it makes a difference to people. Can’t wait to do it all again next year.” – Lucy
“Well done to Skydive Swansea too for helping us to enjoy the experience.” – Sue