We need your stock donations now more than ever, however we urge all supporters to make sure you only donate items that are listed and that all items are in very good condition for resale.
Any items not suitable for resale the charity has to PAY to dispose of, therefore please only donate items that we can resell as any cost of disposing of unsalable items could be spend on patient care.
What we accept:
- men’s, women’s and children’s clothing
- accessories such as; shoes, belts, bags and jewellery
- bric a brac and homeware, anything from crockery, pictures to plates
- Books, DVDs and CDs
- Furniture, please ensure any upholstered item has a fire safety label
- Linens, including; bedding, tablecloths, and rugs
- Baby goods, including; prams and nursery furniture
- Children’s toys, ensuring they have a CE mark
- Electrical items such as TVs, DVD players and radios
To adhere to the current guidelines there will be some changes to how you will be able to donate stock:
- Merthyr and Ebbw Vale Shops – Customers will be asked to take stock donations to the rear of the shops.
- Abertillery, Tredegar, Blaenavon and Brynmawr – Stock can be donated via the front of the shop, but customers will be asked to follow signs to designated drop off zones.
Please note that items of furniture cannot be dropped off to any of our shops without a visual inspection and agreement that we can take the item from one of our shop managers. If you have items of furniture that you would like to donate, please speak to your local shop manager to discuss this. Taking furniture items to shops without a visual inspection could result in us not being able to accept the item and you having to take it away with you.
Deliveries and Collections
Our volunteer van crew are following government guidelines in order to keep everyone safe.
Deliveries and collection are to the kerbside only or if practical and safe at the door step. Our van crew cannot enter supporter homes under any circumstances.
Please note our van crew are all volunteers and so please be kind and do not ask them to deviate from the guidelines that have been set. These are in place for everyone’s safety.
A copy of the risk assessment for our van crew can be found HERE.
If you are a UK tax payer your donated items could be worth more to us at no extra cost to you. By allowing us to claim Gift Aid on the sales proceeds of your preloved items, we can claim an additional 25p for every £1 raised!
Download a gift aid form here , print off and return to us with your stock donations