Head of Finance
We are looking for a new Head of Finance to join Hospice of the Valleys and be part of our Leadership Team.
It’s an exciting time to come on board and help us deliver our new strategy and help ensure that the local communities can access specialist palliative care at a time when they need it most.
The post is part-time with flexible/hybrid working opportunities and is based on the NHS Band 8a salary (£47,126 – £53,129) Pro Rata
Hours: 22.5 hours
Download Job Description and Person Specification HERE
For queries or informal discussion please contact Grant Usmar, Chief Executive on 01495 717277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 24th June 2022
Hospice of the Valleys are looking for new trustees to join our committed and dynamic Board.
We are particularly keen to recruit new members who have experience in one or more of the following and has a willingness to guide us into the future:
- Owning and running a business
- Experience of working in a complex organisation at a senior level
- Working in Human Resources
- Lobbying and influencing decision makers
We encourage applications from Welsh speakers.
Previous trustee experience is not a requirement since mentoring and support will be provided.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about the care we offer. We are a local charity providing specialist palliative care and support to people and those who matter most to them living with a life-limiting illness; our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
This role will give you the opportunity to influence decision-making within the hospice whilst contributing to the work of this essential local charity and making a positive difference to the local community.
Expectations of the Trustee
- Helping to formulate strategic, business and corporate partnership plans
- Guide and consult on matters of strategy, governance and finance
- Ongoing assessment of the Charity’s legal integrity
- Promoting the Charity’s work and reputation amongst contacts
Trustee time commitments•
- Attend bi-monthly meetings (approx. 2-3 hours) with option to join in person or via Zoom
- Attend any extraordinary meetings as required
- Form part of a sub group meeting, which will meet bi-monthly
- Plus, an additional couple of hours per month at home (email correspondence)
We recommend that all candidates who are interested in these positions who have not served as Trustees reads extra information available below prior to making any enquiries.
Vacancies from our Partner Organisations:
Vacancy: Charity Fundraiser (Lottery Canvasser)
Hospice of the Valleys are proud to be working with Local Hospice Lottery – a weekly lottery set up to provide financial support to adult and children’s hospices across Great Britain. Local Hospice Lottery are currently recruiting for Lottery Canvassers to work in the Blaenau Gwent area. For further information on this vacancy, please visit the Local Hospice Lottery recruitment page here.
Hospice of the Valleys is an NHS Direction Employer and offers continued membership of the NHS Pension scheme for those who qualify.
Read our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants .