At Hospice of the Valleys we have a dedicated Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) who provides palliative care for our care home community in Blaenau Gwent.
Any life limiting condition can seem frightening. It is important to know that your CNS is there to support you to support your patients and their families.
All of our nurses have expert knowledge and skills in managing patient’s symptoms; recognising that emotional, spiritual, family and financial worries might be just as important to them as their physical problems.
We aim to:
- Support you while your patients are facing serious illness
- Provide advice about pain and other symptoms
- Offer support to your patients
- Inform you about other services that might be helpful to your patients, such as complementary therapy and support from the Family Support Team
- Help you to support your patients in their Advance Care Planning (ACP)
Hospice staff will work alongside care home staff, the GP and District Nurses who will still be responsible for the medical and nursing care of patients in the care home community.
The CNS team provide 24 hour support, 7 days a week. After 10pm this support is telephone advice only.
Hospice of the Valleys provide bespoke education and training in palliative and end of life care.
The training can be delivered on site or virtually.
- Advance Care Planning
- Recognising Dying
- Symptom Management
- Grief and Loss
To find our more or to arrange training for your care home please speak to the CNS or call 01495 717277