Calling all budding entrepreneurs and business whizzes! Do you have what it takes to top our leader board in our Grow £1/Grow £30 Challenge?
Between 1st June and 31st March 2022 we are inviting Schools/Businesses or Community Groups to support the Hospice and as Sir Alan Sugar would say ‘You’re hired!”.
So what are we asking you to do….well can you invest £1 (School Classes) or £30 (Businesses & Community Groups) to raise vital funds for Hospice of the Valleys in celebration of our 30th Anniversary this year. Every group taking part will have a three month window to start and finish their fundraising to turn their investment into as much money as possible for Hospice of the Valleys, you choose when you want to start your challenge but all challenges must be completed by March 2022. In April 2022 the Hospice will then reveal the final leaders board of those who have taken part with prizes for the winners as a special thank you for working so hard to support the Hospice raising vital funds.
The £1/30 investments can be borrowed (if needed) from the Hospice, however, must be returned along with the profits made, profits can be re-invested to make further items or fundraise to generate as much money as possible.
So some suggestions to get you started;
- Baking yummy cakes to sell to family and friends.
- Hold Raffles – ask local businesses if they can support by donating prizes.
- Organise your own school tuck shop selling healthy snacks and fruit.
- Hold a virtual fundraiser such as a Zoom Quiz and charge to take part.
- Buy and sell goods for profit.
- Hold a gaming competition and charge people to play.
- Recycle and upcycle – have a bedroom/house sort out, sell unwanted items online such as E bay or Facebook Marketplace.
- Create and Make – what is on trend that you can make to sell.
- Helping others and in return for a donation ie household chores.
- Fill smarties tubes with £1 coins or 20 pence pieces.
- Promote your fundraising on Social Media with the #hospicegrowa£challenge
Any type of fundraising can be undertaken as long as it’s ethical and legal. These are just a few ideas so we are looking forward to seeing all of your creative, genius and wonderful ideas.
For schools why not have your own in school leaders’ board for classes taking part to create some friendly competition and to earn maximum bragging rights. All you need to take part is enthusiasm and a desire to help our Hospice to deliver free care and support for our patients and their loved ones.
Typically this is what your fundraising could pay for;
- £24 would pay for an hour of specialist nursing care for a patient in their own home.
- £40 would cover the cost of a tailor made package of complimentary therapy to support a patient in helping them cope with their symptoms and anxiety.
- £112 – could pay for a Healthcare Assistant to look after a patient in their home, enabling their families to get much needed rest.
- £500 – could pay for 10 visits by a Specialist Palliative Care Nurse to a patient’s home.
For further information and to take part contact Julie Williams, Business & Community Fundraising Manager on 07855 405258 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Central FM Group head office is based on Rassau Industrial Estate and offers a range of services from Security, Cleaning, Security Systems, Recruitment Services and Full Facilities Management. We are dedicated to paying forward our success and supporting our local community. Unfortunately, in some way cancer and other life limiting illnesses have affected every member of our team. Cancer can devastate families and cause severe trauma to everyone effected by the diagnosis. Central FM Group are happy to sponsor Hospice of the Valleys this year to support them in the invaluable work they do throughout our community helping those who need it most.