We need your support, now more than ever before.
The demand on the services provided by Hospice of the Valleys has not gone away during the current pandemic. Patients and carers still need support and for those feeling more isolated and vulnerable the needs are even greater now than ever before.
We are very fortunate to have a flexible team who are working hard to adapt how they work, so they can continue to provide the vital support to our patients who are the most at risk from Covid-19. However, we have had to close our Day Centre, our shops and pause access to our complementary therapist and physiotherapist services.
As we continue to work in what can only be described as unchartered times, the demand on our services will only continue to rise, however following Government advice and to protect our patients and those that matter most to them, our workforce, our volunteers and supporters, we have made the very difficult decision to cancel or postpone all of our fundraising events and activities over coming months.
This will most certainly have a devastating effect on our voluntary income, as we still need to raise over £4,500 a day to continue providing our services free of charge to those who need it most within Blaenau Gwent, today, tomorrow and over the coming weeks and months.
We recognise that the current situation is very difficult for everyone and some will be feeling the financial impact. But now more than ever we need your support, in whatever way you can.
We will continue being there to support the local community, but we also need the local community to be there to help and support us.
If we all continue to work and support each other, together as a community we can achieve great things.
We have created a few initial ideas and activities, which you may be able to get involved with over the coming days and weeks and hopefully will help with the boredom of being stuck at home all while raising vital funds, so we can continue providing support to those who need it within the local community.
Some suggestions for you:
– Staying in is the new going out! – Why not jump online with your friends and family and arrange a virtual quiz or bingo night.
– Alternatively you could make a donation to the charity for what you would normally pay for your favourite tipple down your local!
– Working from home??- Then why not donate what you would normally spend on your take out lunch or your favourite coffee and cake treat!
For every £1 the Hospice receives from the NHS we have to raise another £4.42 on top of this just to maintain our free services. Therefore however much you donate will really be making a big difference.
– How’s the home schooling going?? Why not get the kids involved in the fundraising! You could set them a reading challenge or even get them doing household chores and for each one they do you could make a donation to the charity. Over the course of the week this could really mount up! And help you keep your house in order!
£24 would cover the cost of an hours Specialist Nursing Care for a patient in their own home.
– Think you’re the next Mary Berry? – Then why not arrange your own virtual bake off!! Get friends and family to make a donation to the charity to enter their best bake in your ‘virtual’ competition! Jump online and chat as you whip up your master creation!
– Or why not do your own virtual 5k or 10k while you get your daily dose of fresh air!
– Alternatively if you’re not the physical type why not join our Hospice Lottery – Join the lottery that gives you a great chance to win AND an easy way to help fund our caring services, all for just £1 per week! Playing the Local Hospice Lottery in support of Hospice of the Valleys gives you a great chance of winning £2,000 every week – along with 152 other cash prizes – plus there’s a rollover that can reach as high as £25,000*!
– Or set up a regular gift – One of the most effective ways you can show your support for Hospice of the Valleys is through a regular, monthly donation. Now more than ever before we need your regular support so we can continue providing free services within the local community. Call: 01495 717277 to arrange this.