Whilst Santa and his Elves are hard at work with those all-important preparations you can sprinkle some magic of your own on people here in Blaenau Gwent who need it!
This festive season can you shine a light on Hospice of the Valleys as we share awareness of the fact that our work doesn’t stop with our teams supporting our patients and their families over the Christmas period. Our Nurses support patients where possible to stay at home so that can be near their loved ones at Christmas.
From Saturday 13th November running right through until the 31st December we are asking you to choose your favourite festive fundraiser or more from our 12 Ways Of Christmas Gift List below or you can pick your own. Not only will you be supporting our patients and their families but will be the perfect gift to the Hospice as we celebrate our 30th Anniversary year. Your gift of support really does makes a big difference.
Don’t forget to share your fundraising on your social media and tag us in using the #hospice12waysofchristmas
Did you know if you raised;
- £24 would pay for an hour’s specialist nursing care for a patient in their own home.
- £40 would cover the cost of a tailor made package of complimentary therapy to support a patient in helping them cope with their symptoms and anxiety, so they can make the most of their precious time.
- £124 could pay for one of our HCA’s to look after a patient in their own home overnight this Christmas allowing their loved ones a much needed rest.
Festive Fundraising Gift Ideas.
- Donate in lieu of sending Christmas cards.
- Wear a Festive Jumper Day or Festive Fancy Dress. Why not get your family, friends and work colleagues involved.
- Get Christmas Crafty – make and sell crafts, toys, wreaths, decorations, cakes or festive goodies to family and friends.
- Donate your last hours pay from work before your festive break.
- Forfeit your Festive Christmas Coffee and donate what you would have spent.
- Have a pre-Christmas clear out. Donate your preloved items to our shops.
- Host a Christmas Bake-Off.
- Host a Christmas Dinner or Party and ask your guests to make a donation.
- Offer a Festive gift wrapping service to family and friends.
- Instead of doing a Secret Santa donate to Hospice.
- Organise a Christmas Raffle & Quiz.
- Bring your unwanted gifts to work for people to buy.
Contact the Hospice if you need any resources such as collection buckets or balloons or support to with your fundraising. Call Julie Williams on 07855 405258 or e mail email@example.com