Free Will writing service – during the month of February
During the month of February a number of solicitors across Blaenau Gwent will be supporting Hospice of the Valleys, by offering our supporters a free will writing service (for a basic or mirror will). That is all they ask in return is that the client makes a nominal donation back to the charity (a suggested donation of £60 for a basic and £80 for a mirror will).
Carolyn and Alun took advantage of the scheme and here’s what they had to say:
“The ‘Will Writing Service’ gave us much needed thorough, easily explained and friendly advice tailored to our personal needs. Lyn the Solicitor was great and explained everything for us and made it easy to understand.
It has also given us peace of mind.
The added bonus of course is being able to support the Hospice and the incredible work they do in our Communities”
List of current local solicitor’s:
Lewis and Lines – Brynmawr
LB Jones Associates – Ebbw Vale (home appointments are also available)
For further information on how to book an appointment please contact 01495 717277 (option2) or
Please think of us when you make or update your Will. You should talk to your family about it, and seek professional advice. Please be assured, if you are able to leave a gift in your will to Hospice of the Valleys, you will be securing the future of our work in the local community.
Be a part of our future through a gift in your will.
No-one should have to face a life-limiting illness on their own. But by leaving a Gift in your Will to Hospice of the Valleys it means that the specialist support we provide to our patients, and their loved will continue long into the future.
Last year gifts in wills paid for two weeks of nursing care from one of our Specialist Palliative Care nurses. Supporting patients to manage their symptoms and pain so they could live as well as possible with their diagnosis. However we have seven Specialist Palliative Care nurses who provide their services to patients and their loved ones fifty two weeks of the year, and so your gift could really make a big difference.
Gifts in wills are vital to our work and allows us to continue being there for the local community. Proving support when it’s needed the most, so our patients and those that matter most to them can make the most of the precious time they have left together.
Anyone can leave a gift in their will, after you have taken care of your loved ones, would you consider leaving a legacy to the Hospice in your Will. From as little as 1% of your estate or a cash sum, however large or small every penny makes a difference.
Your precious gift can help secure the future of our vital work, so we can continue to be there for future generations. Please remember us in your will if you can and help our work live on.
Our Promises to you…
We understand that the decision to leave us a Gift in your Will is not one you will take lightly. So, in return for your special gift to us:
- We will use your gift to provide the best possible care and support for our patients, their families and those that matter the most to them.
- We can point you in the right direction of where you can get guidance on how to make or update your existing will. Or if you need advice on whether Inheritance Tax affects you.
- You don’t have to tell us your decision – we respect your privacy
- If you would like more information on the support we provide, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Your legacy will enable us to continue to provide valuable services:
- Practical and specialist nursing care and advice to patients and their families as they face a life limiting illness.
- Holistic therapies including physiotherapy and complementary therapy
- Practical help and advice for carers and families
- Family Support pre and post bereavement support
- Education of health care professionals across our community, working in partnership to deliver the highest standards of care and support
- Out Patient services which are nurse led appointments within the local community
- Specialist support within the local Care Home community
- Specialist support via the local Hospital
What to do next
If you are interested in leaving a legacy to Hospice of the Valleys and would prefer to talk to someone, please contact Alison Stallard our Head of Income Generation for a confidential chat on 01495 717277