The Hospice Big Bash 2021
Calling all Party People! Big Bash is back with a Birthday Bang, join us for an awesome celebration this September as we commemorate our 30th year of providing vital care and support in Blaenau Gwent. With the restrictions now more relaxed could you help us in raising vital funds for Hospice of the Valleys to make it our best Big Bash yet?!
One of our favourite ideas is a nostalgic trip down memory lane, it doesn’t matter if you are a 90s Baby or a 90s Newbie…why not host a Back to the 90s Party, dig out the denim, shell suits and headbands from the time that the Hospice was founded. Our Hospice shops in Brynmawr, Blaenavon, Tredegar, Ebbw Vale, Abertillery and Merthyr are always worth a visit and a treasure trove to pick up some gems to help your party go with a swing.
What better time to safely get together with family, friends or colleagues anytime during September. You will still need to adhere to current Welsh Government guidance or you can still host your Big Bash virtually using Zoom or Skype for example if preferred. You could host a Coffee Morning, Quiz, Bingo, BBQ or any kind of get together that you like to show your support. All you have to do is decide what kind of Big Bash you want to host, tell everyone you know all about it and have a great time all while raising money for a worthy cause.
Info and Inspiration for Party Planning
- Decide what kind of party/get together to host. You could have a traditional coffee morning, Prosecco & Pj’s, Gin and Jammies, Cocktail Night or even turn an upcoming birthday, event or anniversary into an amazing Hospice Big Bash fundraiser!
- Let us know what you are doing so we can help you get your Big Bash off to a flying start, we have included here downloadable bunting that you can print off to help decorate your venue, we can supply balloons and a collection tin and make sure you have the resources you need.
- Set a date, time and venue: At your home, in a community hall, at your place of work; wherever you decide to host your party just send an email or invitations out at least two weeks in advance so you can get a good idea of numbers.
- Decide on how you’ll raise the money – You could either charge people a set amount for attending or ask for a donation. You could also raise more by doing a raffle or a tombola, quiz or competition.
- Sit down, relax, catch up with friends and enjoy your Hospice Big ‘Bash’!
Don’t forget to get in touch and let us know what you’re doing and when. Our fundraising team is always on hand to provide advice, resources and support to make your fundraising as effortless as possible. You can either contact the fundraising team via phone on 01495 717277 or by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting your money to us….The After Party!
After your event (and after you’ve had a well-earned rest) all you have to do is contact a member of the fundraising team using the details above and we can arrange the most convenient way of paying in your money, whether that’s picking up a collection tin, sending a cheque, making a card payment over the phone, or making a donation online – it’s completely up to you! We have also set up a Campaign Just Giving Page https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/hospicebigbash2021 that you can donate your fundraising to or you have the option of setting up your own page.
We hope that we’ve made it as easy as possible to host a Hospice Big Bash, if you have any questions or need additional support then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Julie Williams, Business & Community Fundraising Manager or one of our friendly team members.